Your privacy is important to HSHK and HSHK respects your privacy.
HSHK is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data it holds by complying with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) under the laws of Hong Kong Special Administration Region of the People's Republic of China (“HKSAR”) (the “PDPO”) with respect to the management of personal data. In doing so, HSHK endeavors to ensure that our employees shall comply with the PDPO in the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
In order to facilitate provision of the Services by us, you may be requested by us to give your personal data. You may decline to provide HSHK with the requested personal data, but in such case HSHK may not be able to provide certain Services to you.
Types of personal data are collected by HSHK may include:-
1. Your personal identification information and contact details (i.e. your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, email address(es), telephone number(s), postal address, nationality, educational level, occupation and interests); and
2. Your business information (i.e. company name, business title, address of principal registered office and nature of the business).
Personal data collected shall only be disclosed within our corporate group for internal use only. HSHK shall in no event provide your personal data to any other third parties for direct marketing or other unrelated purposes.
HSHK collect and may use your personal data for the following purposes:-
• To process of your application for the Services;
• To enable the provision of the Services to you that you request;
• To administer and manage account and account activities;
• To analyze, verify, enforce contractual rights, and/or check your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of the Service to you;
• To improve our marketing and promotional efforts by conducting market research or customers’ surveys for service improvement;
• To advertise, promote and market our Services to you by HSHK, related companies, agents and contractors;
• To compile aggregate statistics, generate reports and analyze the same;
• To improve our content and product offerings;
• To handle your account enquiries and your complaints;
• To investigate your complaints and suspected suspicious transactions;
• To facilitate proper provision of our Services including without limitation to facilitation of effective communication between you and us;
• To make such disclosures as required by the applicable laws, rules and regulations;
• To offer you promotions (whether by post, email, phone, SMS, or other media whether now known or available in the future) with your consent or indication of no objection; and
• Any other purposes relating to the activities identified above.
Security, Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Data
All personal data you have submitted to HSHK is secured with restricted access by authorized personnel only. Our own personnel will be instructed to observe duty of confidentiality and the terms of this Privacy Statement when accessing your personal data. All data transmission will be encrypted so as to ensure its privacy is maintained.
All personal data collected and held by HSHK will be kept confidential. However, HSHK reserves the rights, where such disclosure is necessary, to transfer or disclose your personal data and other related information you have provided to it to the following parties:-
• any company within the group of HSHK, our subsidiaries, our agents, contractors for the provision of products and/or services that you ordered and/or subscribed to;
• competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, statutory or regulatory authorities, institutions or organizations;
• our professional advisers;
• any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you.
Your rights under the PDPO
Under the PDPO, you have the right to:-
(a) ascertain whether HSHK holds any of your personal data and if so, obtain copies of such data;
(b) request access to your personal data held by us;
(c) request to correct your personal data which is inaccurate;
(d) ascertain HSHK’s policies and practices established from time to time in relation to personal data and the types of personal data held by us.
If you want to access and/or correct your personal data, or if you want to ascertain the kind of your personal data held by us, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HSHK reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted under the PDPO.
The Privacy Statement shall be governed by the laws of the HKSAR